Journals / Periodicals on line
All of these journals have at least some UW archaeology material available on line.
Most of them are electronic versions of printed counterparts. Ask for them in your library.
See also the International news articles.
- Marinarkeologisk Tidskrift (in Swedish)
- International Journal of Nautical Archaeology
(IJNA), UK, only abstracts can be viewed for free.
- MoSS Newsletter, European Union project, the newsletter can be ordered from
- INA Quarterly, USA
- AIMA Bulletin & Newsletter,
- Aucilla River Times Newsletter,
- Wisconsin Underwater Archaeology Association Newsletter, USA
- Skyllis / DEGUWA Rundbrief, Germany
- Archeologia Viva, partially in English.
- L'Archeologo Subacqueo, Italy.
- Arqueología Subacuática, Noticias
de Antropología y Arqueología, Argentina
- HyAM News, Argentina
Other journals with UW arch material
- Archaeology Magazine, USA, often articles on underwater
- Archäologie Online Magazin, Germany
- Athena Review, USA
- Archéologia, France. You need an account to
- Diver Magazine, UK, some underwater
archaeology articles and many wreck articles.
- New York Times
Archaeology, some material on underwater archaeology
- Current Archaeology, UK, some material on underwater
- British Archaeology, some material on maritime
- Internet Achaeology, UK, some material on maritime
Some of these journals are in PDF format, so you need the
Acrobat Reader. If you don't
understand the language, try the Systran or
Altavista translation services.
A personal wish for the future is that newspapers start publishing all their historical
archives on-line, all the way back to the 19th century or whenever they were founded. That would
prevent revisionism and historical manipulation. Anybody who has read Orwell's 1984
understands. Of course this costs money, but perhaps at least the abstracts might be published for
page by Per Åkesson, rev